Wednesday 2 January 2013

Nihon a.k.a Japan

   So I kind of have a mini obsession with Japan right now... Not only do I still love Anime and Manga like I always have but I also absolutely love sushi! There are so many different types and I also find it amazing how the real, authentic sushi is prepared and rolled by hand; this is something that I would really like to try sometime!

   Oh and don't even get me started on all the amazing quality teas that come out of Japan! With my current Teavana craze that I'm in, I'm really looking forward to enjoying some of their Japanese green teas as well as many others. What's kind of funny is how I was basically drawn to a National Gegraphic Japan calendar when looking for my new calendar today at the mall. I was tired of the typical puppy calendars and Simpsons ones (oh and the snowboarding ones as well!), that I've had so many times before! I figured it was time for something different and I had a the 'nature/landscapes' kind of theme in mind as something to look for. There definitely was a whole lot of calendars with nature scenes but when I saw my Japan calendar, I instantly knew that there weren't any better!

                                                      My Japan Calendar

   Sure looking at pictures of Japan and hearing about it is very enjoyable but my dream is to one day be there! Of all the places in the world, Japan would definitely be one that I wish to visit the most. I find the culture and traditions as well as the nature in the countrysides, all to be just so fantastic! I think if I was to go somewhere on my first trip payed for entirely by myself, it would be Japan way before anywhere else! Of course, like so many lovers of Japan who are also adventurists, a goal of mine is to one day climb to the very top of Mt. Fuji. I can just imagine the wonderful view of Japan's countryside that you would be able to take in from so high up in the sky! That would definitely be a highlight of my life and I hope for it to one day become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment